Microsoft introduced the latest version that is MS Dynamics NAV 2016 with the new feature of extensions. We have already seen in the situation where we need to modify in MS Dynamics NAV codebase. But extensions enable us to modify the Dynamics NAV (Navision) System without altering the source codes for making easier to manage, deploy and upgrade customizations or extensions.
An extension contains new and modified objects in Dynamics NAV 2016. There are many objects such as: –
– Menu Suites
– Code Units
New system tables are added to support extensions such as: –
– NAV App Object Metadata: It stores the comprehensive deltas of extensions.
– NAV App Tenant App: It contains all the extensions that are installed to tenants. It is the part of the database and purely synchronized with NAV App Installed App.
– NAV App Data Archive: It is the archived of extensions from where you can in installed or reinstalled extension.
– NAV App Installed App: It stores all information about extensions that are installed in this tenant.
– NAV App: It is the part of the database application and contains all extensions that are published to the system.
– Tenant Permission: It contains permission for objects as defined by permission sets in extension packages.
These are the few extensions that are using in the MS Dynamics NAV 2016. If you are interested in MS Dynamics NAV ERP System, NAV Implementation services, up-gradation and integration and many more. If anyone has a query then they can talk to us.