Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Licensing Guide
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 licensing is designed to help small and midsize businesses for their financial insights and distribution management and then easily extend into all functional areas.
The two license models available for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 provide customers with a simplified, yet flexible, purchase experience. The entire solution can be licensed with as little as one and as much as four core components: The Starter Pack
, the Extended Pack
, the Full User
and the Limited User
. Additional configuration components are also available.
Licensing the Solution Functionality
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 functionality is delivered through the Starter Pack and the Extended Pack.
The required Starter Pack
gives you core financials and distribution functionality to help you:
- Gain control and insights over your finances
- Manage sales items and materials in a distribution environment
- Provide licensed users a singular view of the business from virtually anywhere through a variety of devices
The optional and additive Extended Pack
adds functionality that integrates core financials and distribution management capabilities with industry specific functionality extensions such as:
- Manufacturing to support and control the manufacturing environment
- Warehousing to manage the warehouse to support operations
- Professional Services to manage the billables generated by consultants
- Basic Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to manage customer and supplier relationships and offer the highest quality of service and support
Licensing User Access to the Solution Functionality
Users accessing the solution must be defined according to the type of access they need: Full or Limited.
receive unrestricted direct or indirect access to all of the functionality in the licensed server software including setting-up, administering, and managing all parameters or functional processes across the ERP Solution. Full Users require more write capabilities that those available to Limited Users.
get restricted access to the ERP Solution to complete only the following tasks:
- "Read" access to any data contained in the ERP solution; and
- "Write" access to a maximum of 3 table objects with the following exceptions:
- Limited users are not authorized to write directly or indirectly to the following tables: General Ledger Entry, Permission Set, Permission or Access Control;
The Limited User Included Tables should allow you to perform the following tasks:
- Create a Customer with relevant contact details, based on a template or from scratch.
- Create an Opportunity for an existing Campaign, and relate it to Sales Quotes or Orders.
- Quotes: Create a Sales Quote for an existing or a new Customer; Send a Sales Quote by email, send it for approval, or convert it to a Sales Order.
- Orders: Create a Sales Order for an existing or a new Customer.; Send a Sales Order for approval.
- Create a Vendor with relevant contact details, based on a template or from scratch.
- Create a Purchase Order for an existing or a new Vendor.
- Send a Purchase Order for approval.
- Fill in an existing timesheet
- Perform Document Capture - Expense reporting by scanning an invoice to create an incoming document
- Use the charts on two role centers: Order Processor (for Sales scenarios) and Purchasing Agent (for Purchase scenarios).
Any access beyond these limitations requires Full User access.
Access License Types
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 offers two types of access licenses : Concurrent Client Access Licenses (CALs)
, only available under the Perpetual Licensing model, and User Subscription Access Licenses (SALs)
, only available under the Subscription Licensing model.
are based on the number of users accessing the solution simultaneously.
, only available in the Subscription Licensing model, grant individual users the right to access the application irrespective of the number of users simultaneously accessing the application.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 is licensed through one of two licensing models: Perpetual Licensing
and Subscription Licensing
With Perpetual Licensing
, you license the software with permanent usage rights.
With Subscription Licensing
, you can use the software only during the term of the agreement secured by periodic payments.
For more information regarding the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, you can browse the document here as NAV 2016 Licensing Guide.